Donald Trump threatens to bomb Oman if it 'gets in the way' of Iran deal

· Toronto Sun

See more Toronto Sun on Google — save as a Preferred Source

Visit palladian.co.za for more information.

U.S. President Donald Trump has threatened to bomb Oman if the country “gets in the way” of a deal with Iran over the Strait of Hormuz, while calling for Tehran to surrender.

Fox News’ chief foreign correspondent Trey Yingst said Monday he spoke to the American leader over the phone, as the 60-day window to make a deal to end the war as outlined in the memorandum of understanding signed in June expired.

Yingst said he talked to Trump about the parallel talks happening between Oman and Iran, and Tehran and Washington, over control of the Strait of Hormuz.

Trump’s response was a bomb threat.

“If Oman gets in the way, we’ll bomb the s*** out of them,” Trump told Yingst, referring to the ongoing talks between Oman and Iran over control of the Strait of Hormuz, while the U.S. also pursues its own talks.

Trump in ‘no hurry’ to reach new deal

Trump also said Iran should “raise the white flag of surrender,” while noting he’s “under no time schedule” and he’s “in no hurry” to reach a deal with Iran, according to Yingst.

The memorandum signed in June between Iran and the U.S. aimed at stopping violent hostilities between the two nations as it worked towards a final deal to end the Iran war and settle complex issues such as Tehran’s nuclear program.

The 60-day window ended at midnight on Monday with nothing concretely agreed to, CNN reported. Both countries have accused each other of violating the temporary agreement, which resulted in a trading of attacks that escalated the Middle East conflict, which began in late February.

The 14-point framework, brokered primarily by Pakistan with the support of neighbouring countries, was signed on June 17 by Trump and Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian.

The agreement included provisions for reopening the Strait of Hormuz, easing some financial restrictions on Iran and outlining future talks on Iran’s nuclear program.

Trump says U.S. has a lot of ‘mid-level weapons’

The U.S. president and the Fox News correspondent also talked about the weapons stockpile America had.

“The president said what we’ve used so far is peanuts,” said Yingst.

“The United States has a lot of mid-level weapons, and that many of the more advanced systems were given away by President Biden to Ukraine,” said Trump, per Yingst.

Read full story at source