Ex-Cambridge prof Jason Arday found dead after plagiarism, DEI accusations
· Toronto Sun

See more Toronto Sun on Google — save as a Preferred Source
Jason Arday, a former University of Cambridge professor who was hounded by plagiarism accusations and accused of lying about his upbringing, was found dead Friday.
Visit betsport24.es for more information.
Arday, who was 41, faced intense criticism for weeks after diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) critic Nathan Cofnas accused the youngest person of colour ever appointed in the English university’s 817-year history of being unqualified for the job.
Nathan Cofnas, a philosopher of biology at Ghent University in Belgium, wrote a newsletter last month that officials at Cambridge refused to investigate Arday’s academic record.
That led the university to launch an investigation into his past claims.
Diagnosed with autism at early age
According to a bio published by Anglia Ruskin University , the sociology of education professor was diagnosed at the age of three with autism and global development delay. He was nonverbal as a child and used sign language to communicate until he spoke his first word at 11. By his 18th birthday, he was unable to read or write.
It was assumed that Arday would spend his adult life in assisted living and require lifelong support. However, he was accepted to college and trained as a teacher before he launched his academic career in a few short years despite his childhood struggles.
Other claims by Arday seem to be fantastical, including the fact that he apparently ran 30 marathons in 35 days.
Arday was appointed professor of the sociology of education at the age of 37.
“My work focuses primarily on how we can open doors to more people from disadvantaged backgrounds and truly democratise higher education,” Arday said at the time of his appointment . “Hopefully being in a place like Cambridge will provide me with the leverage to lead that agenda nationally and globally.”
Intense media scrutiny
His world came crashing down this summer with the publication of Cofnas’ exposé. That led to intense media scrutiny in the United Kingdom and around the world.
“The only person responsible for Jason Arday’s death is Jason Arday,” Julia Hartley-Brewer, a Talk TV presenter and columnist at Britain’s The Sun tabloid, wrote Saturday on social platform X .
“He was a liar and a fraud who was rightly exposed for what he really was by academics and journalists who were simply doing their job.”
On Sunday in The Spectator , columnist Brendan O’Neill called Arday’s death not only dreadful but also enraging.
“Behold the human wreckage of the cult of diversity,” O’Neill wrote. “The tragedy of Jason Arday is that he was both built up and destroyed by the ruthless machinery of DEI.”
PM called death ‘tragedy on so many levels’
Prime Minister Andy Burnham called Arday’s death a “tragedy on so many levels” while speaking to broadcasters in Cornwall on Saturday, reports The Guardian .
“It’s not a moment for any rushing to judgment,” Burnham continued. “It’s a moment for reflection, I would say, reflecting on how things came to this. A really sad, sad and sorry state of affairs and I think we all today think of Jason, his contribution and his family and friends.”
In a statement issued by Arday’s book publisher, Simon & Schuster UK, the family said they were “in shock to have lost this amazing father, partner, brother, uncle and son.”